TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

My 50'' panasonic lct tv is not coming on and has no power…

Customer Question
My 50'' panasonic lct...

My 50'' panasonic lct tv is not coming on and has no power lights at all. I have changed the power board but still the same. the model is tx-50a400b. Can you help

Technician's Assistant: Just to clarify, what's the exact model of your Panasonic? And can you guesstimate how old it is?

TX-50A400B

Technician's Assistant: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?

15 MONTHS

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?

JUST CAME HOME THE OTHER NIGHT AND TV DID NOT WORK. tHE KIDS SAID THERE WAS NO PROBLEM WHEN THEY USED IT IN THE EVENING I have noth at all

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the TV Expert to know before I connect you?

I dont think so

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: TV
9/29/2017
TV Technician: Shahid, Technician replied 10 months ago
Shahid
Shahid, Technician

Hi, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you today. To make sure I don’t miss anything, please give me a minute to review your question.

- Does power indicator light on TV turn On solid or blink when press power button?

- Was there any thunderstorm in area then TV shut Off?

power indicator does not come on atall. Could have had some thunder. I changed the power board but no difference.

OK, there are two boards in TV that can be cause of this symptom, either power board or the main board (one where video/ HDMI inputs are located), since power board has already been replaced that didn't work then it is definitely main board (A board) problem that need to be replaced to fix the problem.

It seems old power board is fine and main board of TV is defective that should be replaced. I hope these info will help. If you have any additional questions, feel free to ask. If you're satisfied, please rate me a 5-star at the top of your page so I can get credit of my work on website.
Thank you.

Do you need any further assistance with this question?