TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

My 42LV5500 is dark upon startup. it takes 5 minutes to

Customer Question
My 42LV5500 is dark...

My 42LV5500 is dark upon startup. it takes 5 minutes to warmup until it operates normally.

Technician's Assistant: What's the model number of your TV? How old is it?

42LV5500 mfg 2/2011

Technician's Assistant: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?

Yes and yes

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?

At least 6 months. problems with cable tv

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: TV
9/29/2017
TV Technician: Shahid, Technician replied 10 months ago
Shahid
Shahid, Technician

Hi, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you today. To make sure I don’t miss anything, please give me a minute to review your question.

- Once you get normal picture, does it stay normal as long as TV power is On?

OK, it seems power supply board is failing, it provides less volts when cold to backlight system and gradually increase those volts so screen becomes brighter. Swapping the power supply board in TV will help to fix the issue. Please click following link to view power supply board image and part number info to search/ google it if you have plan to do it yourself..

http://www.shopjimmy.com/lg/42lv5500-ua

If you are not comfortable working on it yourself then you may please use following link to get list of TV repair shops in area which will help to get repair quote...
http://www.tvrepairpros.com/
http://www.tvrepairman.com/
I'm sorry there is no easy or quick fix for this problem and it is definitely hardware failure that needs defective board replacement to resolve the issue. I trust my input will help you out to make decision about this TV repair or invest that money on new replacement TV.
If you have any additional questions, feel free to ask. If you're satisfied, please rate me a 5-star at the top of your page so I can get credit of my work on website.
Thank you.

Do you need any further assistance with this question?