TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

Stuck in reset. 32lf500b. Dont hv remote. Was trying to

Customer Question
Stuck in reset Technician's...

Stuck in reset

Technician's Assistant: What's the model number of your TV? How old is it?

32lf500b

Technician's Assistant: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?

Dont hv remote

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?

Was trying to factory reset without remote

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Expert to know before I connect you?

Message prompt for next, to select language, but none of the buttons select when pressed

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: TV
9/29/2017
TV Technician: Richard, Technician replied 10 months ago
Richard, Technician

Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.

Please note, a rating is only needed when we are finished.

Can you please remove the power to the TV (so unplug it from the power socket).

Then on the actual TV, hold the power button for 60 seconds then release.

Then wait 10 minutes, connect the power again to the TV, turn it on and tell me please if it is now operating correctly.

Let me know the results please

it doing the same
prompt for next and not response

ok, remove power to it. Then disconnect everything connected to it and only connect power cable

Power it on

Still the same?

there's nothing connected to it

Thanks

It is the internal mainboard that has faulted.

A corrupted firmware can cause this. But we have ruled this out by trying to hard reset it.

I am really sorry about this and you are going to have to return the TV to have this replaced. It will be covered by the warranty if this has not expired, and the replacement will be done at no cost to you.

I am really sorry about this, and if you have problems, or would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.

And if you can take a second to rate my service by clicking one of the stars at the top of the page, then submit, that would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you