TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

TV

It's the remote control. 50194312. Can't turn tv off or on

It's the remote control JA: What's...
It's the remote control
JA: What's the model number of your TV? How old is it?
Customer: 50194312
JA: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?
Customer: Can't turn tv off or on have to do it Manuel
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: Since yesterday
JA: Anything else you want the Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: It was working fine
9/29/2017
Nathan, Installer

Hi, I'm Nathan.
Sorry to hear that you're having trouble, but I'll do my best to help you. Please give me a few moments to review and reply.

So the remote does not work at all but the onboard buttons do still work?

Lets try a quick test of the factory remote. Take the tv remote into a dim/dark room, and look at the infrared emitter at the front edge of the remote, as viewed through the DISPLAY (not the viewfinder) of a digital camera. A cell phone cam, web cam, security camera, etc will also work. Each time you press a button on the remote, you should see the emitter at the front light up, flash, or glow slightly. Let me know what you find.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Nothing happens
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Hello are you there? There is nothing when I press the buttons on remote
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I'm not getting any response not a happy customer at the moment.

My apologies for the delay. The site is not quite instant, but please try to send only a single response and allow me time to receive it and respond back; multiple messages can get lost in the queue and further delayed.

If you have not done so already, please replace the batteries in the remote with a new fresh set. If the problem still continues, then the issue here is a defective remote, which would have to be replaced as they are not repairable. If you can please recheck the model of the tv for me (what you sent is not a valid model) then I can help you to source a suitable replacement.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Model No. 50194312
50LF6090
50" LED Smart TV

Thank you, ***** ***** able to test some new batteries?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Just tell me a suitable replacement that I can get for remote control please. Thank you

Sure, here is the remote you'd be looking for as a replacement: http://amzn.to/2yLDIZz

If you have any other questions, just let me know. Otherwise, please take a moment to rate my service as this is the only way I am credited for my time. Hopefully I have earned 5 Stars but if not please let me know what I can do to ensure you are satisfied. I also invite you to contact me directly with any future support needs at http://bit.ly/2rRmuH2 and ask for Nathan.

Thank you, ***** ***** a nice day,

Nathan, Installer
Nathan, Installer