TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

It's the remote control. 50194312. Can't turn tv off or on…

It's the remote control ...

It's the remote control

Technician's Assistant: What's the model number of your TV? How old is it?

50194312

Technician's Assistant: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?

Can't turn tv off or on have to do it Manuel

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?

Since yesterday

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Expert to know before I connect you?

It was working fine

9/29/2017
Nathan, Installer

Hi, I'm Nathan.
Sorry to hear that you're having trouble, but I'll do my best to help you. Please give me a few moments to review and reply.

So the remote does not work at all but the onboard buttons do still work?

Lets try a quick test of the factory remote. Take the tv remote into a dim/dark room, and look at the infrared emitter at the front edge of the remote, as viewed through the DISPLAY (not the viewfinder) of a digital camera. A cell phone cam, web cam, security camera, etc will also work. Each time you press a button on the remote, you should see the emitter at the front light up, flash, or glow slightly. Let me know what you find.

Nothing happens
Hello are you there? There is nothing when I press the buttons on remote
I'm not getting any response not a happy customer at the moment.

My apologies for the delay. The site is not quite instant, but please try to send only a single response and allow me time to receive it and respond back; multiple messages can get lost in the queue and further delayed.

If you have not done so already, please replace the batteries in the remote with a new fresh set. If the problem still continues, then the issue here is a defective remote, which would have to be replaced as they are not repairable. If you can please recheck the model of the tv for me (what you sent is not a valid model) then I can help you to source a suitable replacement.

Model No. 50194312
50LF6090
50" LED Smart TV

Thank you, ***** ***** able to test some new batteries?

Just tell me a suitable replacement that I can get for remote control please. Thank you

Sure, here is the remote you'd be looking for as a replacement: http://amzn.to/2yLDIZz

If you have any other questions, just let me know. Otherwise, please take a moment to rate my service as this is the only way I am credited for my time. Hopefully I have earned 5 Stars but if not please let me know what I can do to ensure you are satisfied. I also invite you to contact me directly with any future support needs at http://bit.ly/2rRmuH2 and ask for Nathan.

Thank you, ***** ***** a nice day,

Nathan, Installer