TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

I had my sony HT-CT390 sound bar and subwoofer connected for…

Customer Question
I had my sony...

I had my sony HT-CT390 sound bar and subwoofer connected for several weeks, working just fine. Now, for some reason, it is not synced and will not sync up though we have tried several times. The subwoofer light will flash orange, but then goes back to red.

Technician's Assistant: What's the exact make and model of your television? And what have you tried as far as getting this connected goes?

Sony kdl-40v4100.. We've gone through all the trouble shooting steps and subwoofer sound in the operating instructions. We even tried unplugging both pieces of equipment.

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?

This started this last weekend. We tried all the steps in "no sound heard from the subwoofer in "subwoofer wireless sound"

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Electronics Expert to know before I connect you?

I don't think so.

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: TV
9/29/2017
TV Technician: Pete, Electronic Engineer replied 10 months ago
Pete, Electronic Engineer

Hi, I'm Pete. Welcome to JustAnswer! I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply ASAP.

Is there any possible sources of interference nearby, e.g. a wireless router?

Can you try using the sound system with a different TV in another room to check if it works ok there?