TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

LG TV stuck in color cyle. Someone out in onto test cycle.

Customer Question
LG TV stuck in...

LG TV stuck in color cyle

Technician's Assistant: Has this happened before? And have you tried unplugging your LG and leaving it off for a few hours?

Yes

Technician's Assistant: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?

Yes.

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?

Someone out in onto test cycle

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Expert to know before I connect you?

LG 75uh6550

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: TV
9/28/2017
TV Technician: Jack, Technician replied 10 months ago
Jack
Jack, Technician

Hello
My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with this.
A few questions coming up and please note that there may be delays between replies if i have to gather various info .
Also ,If you seem to lose me during the chat then refresh your browser (F5 key) and /or scroll down to the last written line at the bottom , that window seem to get stuck at times .
Please send me a hello so i know you can see my reply ?

hello

Do you mean that it is cycling through its primary red/blue /green colors and perhaps black&white then repeats ?

white, red, green, blue, black

I have this tv as being a 2016 or so model , how old is it exactly ?

14 months

This is a main board problem namely the eeprom chip on it and it has gone beyond reach of any control I`m afraid

Do you have an extended warranty by any chance ?

I dont know so ill have to check , so no remote buttons to reset it?. If not it is easy to do to just buy a new mother board and put it in?

The main board will need to be replaced or that eeprom itself but this is not exactly what I would call a DIY project

If you can pull out the back cover then you would have most of the work done though

Either you separately bought an extended warranty or NOT , do you know ??

what is the eeprom
What would the correct eeprom chip be for this tv

Its a surface mount chip and unless you are the proud owner of a tv repair shop then well beyond a DIY repair

i need to find original receipt to see if I purchased extended warranty. If not is it easier to replace the whole mother board that the eeprom itself

for you l, the main board that's for sure

Before you ask me for the part number I would need the SVC code just after the model number

where do i find that?

DID YOU GET my last reply ??

the SVC code just after the model number

607RMLM52208

Sorry but I got to step out now

TV Technician: Shahid, Technician replied 10 months ago
Shahid
Shahid, Technician

Hello, I'm Shahid. Sorry to hear that you're having trouble with this but I'll do my best to help.

can you answer the questions

Do you see service code written along with the mode number of TV, it could be like BUSWLJR or some thing similar?

Or complete number would look like LG 75uh6550-UB BUSWLJR etc

Yes, thats what I'm trying here, did you get my previous reply?

if this is on the TV , its mounted on the wall and on the back

OK, TV would have to dismount to remove back cover for main board replacement so you can check it at that time and check with following suppliers to get identical replacement main board to get it replaced in TV..

1- http://tvchopshop.com/tv-models/lg/75uh6550-ub/

2- https://lg.encompass.com/model/ZEN75UH6550UB/_/_/LG/75UH6550UB/75-inch_4k_Uhd_Smart_Led_Tv

3- http://www.shopjimmy.com/lg/75uh6550

I hope these info will help. If you have any additional questions, feel free to ask. If you're satisfied, please rate me a 5-star at the top of your page so I can get credit of my work on website.
Thank you.

Do you need any further assistance with this question?

Cant i just take the main board out and put it into the oven for 10 minutes. It worked for a friend of mine?

Sure, try it as it has nothing to lose because new main board option is always there so go ahead and try oven trick to see if it works for you.