TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

A message came up on my Sharp Smart TV this morning to

Customer Question
A message came up...

A message came up on my Sharp Smart TV this morning to upgrade software..I do have Cox Cable and their Contour remote that turns on the Sharp and the Contour...but the software upgrade square stays in the middle of the picture.I did click on Upgrade and nothing has happened..tried to cancel and it wouldn't let me..how do I fix this problem..Gayle

Technician's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your Sharp is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

I am at work..I purchased it about 2 years ago at Lowe's..don't know the model...Gayle

Technician's Assistant: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?

Sharp TV works and has worked until I turned on the cable and this message popped in the picture...with the cable going in the background..Have another tv in bedroom with a Contour Box but it is lots older and not a smart tv. One in the bedroom is a Sony. Gayle

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?

Just this morning...and when I turned on TV first thing this message came on the screen but my cable TV was running on it too.G

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Expert to know before I connect you?

Can't think of anything else...I am not at home where my TV is...

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: TV
9/28/2017
TV Technician: Joe AV, Technician replied 10 months ago
Joe AV
Joe AV, Technician

Hello and welcome. My name is ***** ***** I would like to assist you with this request. Can you tell me if your TV is connected to Wifi?