TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

My mother's t.v. worked fine this morning. Now it only shows…

Customer Question
My mother's t.v. worked...

My mother's t.v. worked fine this morning. Now it only shows color bars and will not change channels, etc. I think she must have pushed a wrong button on her remote. Any ideas?

Technician's Assistant: What's the exact make and model of your television? And how long has this been happening with the channels?

The make is a Ventura. It is a very small t.v. (hooked up to cable) and I don't know the model. She has had it for about 12 years and again it worked until she cut it off this morning. The light on the tv is working as is the light on the cable box.

Technician's Assistant: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?

Don't know. I'm not there. I am going over tomorrow to check all possible things wrong. I suspect it is the setting on that particular t.v. I assume her other t.v.s are working or she would have told me.

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?

She had the t.v. on this morning. She cut if off. When she cut it back she had color bars and no ability to change channels or do anything with the remote. Of course she would not know to check the menu for settings, so I will have to do that in the morning if you think this might be the problem.

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: TV
9/28/2017
TV Technician: Nathan, Installer replied 10 months ago
Nathan, Installer

Hi, I'm Nathan.
Sorry to hear that you're having trouble, but I'll do my best to help you. Please give me a few moments to review and reply.

Could you tell me the model number from the back of the tv please, it will be printed on a sticker there.

Can you see the tvs own menu screens at all?

Hello, it appears your question is still open.

Do you need more help with this?