TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

Wireless adapter will not connect to router. PN60E6500EFXZA…

Customer Question
Wireless adapter will not...

Wireless adapter will not connect to router

Technician's Assistant: What's the exact make and model of your television? And what have you tried as far as getting this connected goes?

PN60E6500EFXZA - updated wireless router - used to connect, but stopped

Technician's Assistant: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?

Menu, all features work

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?

Tough to say - I believe it is related to a Samsung upgrade, but it was intermittent before it just would not connect

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Expert to know before I connect you?

Go for it

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: TV
9/28/2017
TV Technician: Jason Jones, Customer Service replied 10 months ago
Jason Jones, Customer Service

I am sorry to hear about your problem. My name is ***** *****, I am a Tech Expert with over 20 years of experience and look forward to helping you today.

What happens when you attempt to connect it to the router?

I will be standing by, looking forward to your response.
Thank you,
Jason

Does not see any networks

Are you using a built in wireless adapter or one that you plug into the TV?

the built in adapter - this worked consistently until a couple of weeks ago

Thank you for the update. Can any other device in your area connect to the wireless network?

Tonight, confirmed no issues with my wireless access / router: NetGear WNDR4500 - all other phones, devices connecting no issues, but I did update my firmware

It may be a faulting system. Unplug the power to the TV, wait 1 minute, plug it back in, turn it on, and test it once more. Are you able to see any wireless signals now?

have done that 10x, but I'll go there again

Thank you. Have you already tried doing a full factory reset on the TV? If not, please do so and report back.

You can access the reset menu in the system menu.

ok, going there, do I need a PIN code?

I don't know if you do or not. Did you set a pin?

I saw that in a different menu, what's the next option after System?

Which options do you see?

Got the pin off, but I can't figure out how to initiate the reset?

Which options do you have?

It was in the support menu, but it did not change anything
I've rebooted and reset - no change
Nothing?