TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

I purchased a tv from Target in May 2017; I didn't set it up…

Customer Question
I purchased a tv...

I purchased a tv from Target in May 2017; I didn't set it up until 3 weeks ago. The screen was cracked. Is this covered under factory warranty?

Technician's Assistant: What's the model number of your TV? How old is it?

I don't have the model number in front of me. Its brand new.

Technician's Assistant: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?

Yes

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?

Nothing. When we took the wrapping off and cut the tv on we saw that it is cracked (the screen).

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Expert to know before I connect you?

No. Target has a 30 day return policy that i did not know; the extended warranty I purchased will not repair "damage."

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: TV
9/27/2017
TV Technician: Jack, Technician replied 10 months ago
Jack
Jack, Technician

Hello
My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with this.
A few questions coming up and please note that there may be delays between replies if i have to gather various info .
Also ,If you seem to lose me during the chat then refresh your browser (F5 key) and /or scroll down to the last written line at the bottom , that window seem to get stuck at times .
Please send me a hello so i know you can see my reply ?

hello

Hi

Just a question on this

Was the box damaged or show any evidence of being dropped or hit ?

Two questions actually

Does the tv come on at all ?