TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

I have a pioneer tv and lights went out last night. I cannot…

Customer Question
I have a pioneer...

I have a pioneer tv and lights went out last night. I cannot get it to turn on. There is a blue blinking light.

Technician's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your Pioneer is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

The model is pdp-6010fd

Technician's Assistant: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?

Have not tried the tv menu I only have problem with this tv. Had similar problem some time back and got it resoved

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?

Since last night. TV was working fine lights went out early morning and when I got up there was the blue light just blinking

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Expert to know before I connect you?

I just need help in getting it back on

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: TV
9/27/2017
TV Technician: Anthony_Infotech, Technician replied 7 months ago
Anthony_Infotech
Anthony_Infotech, Technician

Hello
Welcome
I am sorry you are having trouble here,I am presently reviewing your question be with you very soon.

Anthony

How many times is the light blinking blue between pauses please is it 8 blinks?

I was able to get the tv to turn on My problem now is no sound

Reboot any satellite or cable box by unplugging the box from wallpower wait 5 mins then replug back in again,let me know if there is any change

ok
The cable box is rebooting

OK

cable box rebooted but no sound

OK I would have thought that would have worked do the same thing with the TV now

unplug the tv

Yes unplug TV from wallpower wait 5 mins\replug back in

No sound

OK do you have another input to try like a DVD player or blu-ray?is there no sound using that?

no

Usually what happens is the box takes a hit from the outage and takes out the sound now the only way to prove that is if you try another input......

unplugged tv from wall and now there is a blue blinking light and it blinks 8 times

If that is not possible then you should just treat the issue as a box issue they will send a tech out to replace the box, I am assuming your leads from the box to the TV are OK and have not been interfered with....

Yes this is what I thought initially this is an intermittent regulator on one of the boards, it will need to be replaced as a cost effective measure

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eZNAv0m5f7M

ok Thank you. Having a tech from Spectrum coming to change the box

Not easy I know but this is the issue ,the regulator will be available from shopjimmy.com

A positive rating is appreciated thank you (rating bar of stars top of the page thank you) 3 to 5 stars and the site will release a payment to me thank you.
Regards
Anthony

Need any more help here please?question unrated

Anthony_Infotech
Anthony_Infotech
Anthony_Infotech, Technician