TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

The tv wii not come on even though the blue light shows on.

Customer Question
The tv wii not...

The tv wii not come on even though the blue light shows on. sometimes it will come on an hour or so later on its own. We tried resetting the box- sometimes that works sometimes not. also there is a long lag between the change of channells.

Technician's Assistant: What's the exact make and model of your television? And how long has this been happening with the channels?

It is a Sceptre and this is just over the last few weeks. The tv is fine - great picture and no problems there.

Technician's Assistant: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?

The menu works. There is no problem with the large upstairs Panasonic. Occasionally tho - whatever were watching will suddenly stop for a minute and then resume. We feel it has to do with box connected to this downstairs tv - it was replaced just a few months ago - in fact all the boxes were replaced with new ones and new controls.

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?

That jujst it. Nothing happened . One morning the tv would turn on but not turn off. Then that changed to will turn and will turn off. But when it is on nothing happens - at least not for anywhere from a half hour to half the day.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Expert to know before I connect you?

Just would like the problem resoved.

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: TV
Answered in 1 minute by:
9/27/2017
TV Technician: Shahid, Technician replied 10 months ago
Shahid
Shahid, Technician

Hi, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you today. To make sure I don’t miss anything, please give me a minute to review your question.

1- Could you please get me the complete model number written on back cover or side panel of TV?
2- What video devices/ sources (such as cable box DVD player etc) are connected to TV and does the problem occur on all video input sources?