TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

I have a samsung smart tv un60E7500 and I have been unable…

Customer Question
I have a samsung...

I have a samsung smart tv un60E7500 and I have been unable to get the smart aspects of the tv because of the network setting and unable to get wireless wi-fi. What is the solution?

Technician's Assistant: Just to clarify, what's the exact make and model of your smart tv?

Samsung smart tv un60E7500

Technician's Assistant: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?

Yes. I have a LG smart tv in another room and I am able to connections.

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?

About 4 months. I did call samsung in July and they had me go through some steps and that did not fix things. They gave me a case no.(###) ###-####and told me to have repair man to call and state the case no. He called back and said nothing was on case no. and estimated $550.00 to repair without even looking at tv. Cable company did replace router with Panoramic TG1682.

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: TV
9/27/2017
TV Technician: Russell H., Service Tech replied 7 months ago
Russell H., Service Tech

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is***** will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.
What happens when you try to connect to your WiFi on this Samsung TV, please? do you get an error message or error code for instance? please explain the problem a bit more.

I get a notice of "no wireless network". When I click to start it goes in a cycle but goes right back to start.

Right. Do you in fact have a wireless network present, a WiFi router in the house? if so, what is its maker name (e.g. Linksys, Netgear, etc.) and model, please?

Its id a panoramic tg1682

Thank you for that info - it may be crucial to solving the problem. I have another question: is the TV new, or old/used awhile? and has this TV connected OK to a WiFi network before this?

TV is about 6 years old and was connected for 6 years.

Good. The router you named is one with a new high-speed technology for WiFi, called "802.11ac".

When you look for a WiFi network with the TV, do you see no networks whatever, or do you search specifically for yours and find it isn't showing up?

TV works except I cannot get the wireless network which allows me to get smart networks like Net flix

OK. Try this then:

on the TV, go to

TV Source

then click on Menu

then on Support

then on Software Update

and let that run for a bit.... no wait, your TV has no network connection, correct?

If you have no network connection on the TV at present, you cannot update it, of course, so the thing to do may be to get an Ethernet cable long enough to reach from the TV's Ethernet network port, to a free port on your WiFi router. (Unless that is impossibly far, of course.)

This can serve either as a permanent, or a temporary, solution to the problem. (Perhaps after doing an update of the TV's software over the Ethernet cable, you will be able to 'see' and connect to the WiFi then. In which case the Ethernet cable would be a temporary solution to the problem, and you could go back to WiFi.)

Alternatively, you may have to get an Ethernet cable if the TV's WiFi has failed.

Also: if you have a USB port to spare on the Samsung TV, then you might be able to put a USB WiFi adapter in it that your TV could use to access the WiFi.

If you need specific directions on any of this, just let me know. And I will help you further.

Okay. Thanks. i will call out the GEEK who installed system 6 years ago.
Discontinue CHAT.
Louie, Technician