TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

Cannot get full picture. About 7 years old. Don't know if…

Customer Question
Cannot get full picture ...

Cannot get full picture

Technician's Assistant: What's the model number of your TV? How old is it?

About 7 years old

Technician's Assistant: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?

Don't know if the menu works. How do I get it?

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?

I had to call Comcast today because there was no input. They fixe that but there is a blank margin at the top and bottom of the picture

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Expert to know before I connect you?

No. I just want a full picture.

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: TV
Answered in 1 minute by:
9/27/2017
TV Technician: Nathan, Installer replied 10 months ago
Nathan, Installer

Hi, I'm Nathan.
Sorry to hear that you're having trouble, but I'll do my best to help you. Please give me a few moments to review and reply.

Do you have a comcast cable BOX connected to this tv?

It is imperative that you reply back to me here, on your original question only, please.

Posting new/duplicate questions costs you more and hinders my ability to reply.

Please reply back here on this page when ready.

LY919411241
I do not want you to call me. I just want a full picture. Can you help me?

I'm not asking you to. You are seeing an automated ad by the site for a call or remote session. It is not sent by me. This is optional and may be ignored if you wish. Please focus on the chat here instead for this to be productive.

Can you please answer my specific question, do you have a cable box connected to the tv? I don't need a model number, just a yes or no is sufficient.

there is a cable box

This problem with the picture size could be coming from either the tv OR the box

Grab the cable box remote and look for a button that says ZOOM, ASPECT, WIDE, RATIO, SIZE, FORMAT, * OR # etc

You may need to press this several times to cycle through the different options,

and you may have to make a similar adjustment on the tv as well, until you get them both to a desired setting

typically you'd want the cable box set on 16:9 or Wide

and you'd want the tv set on Normal or 16:9

It can take a bit of fiddling to get them both matched up, but you should have a button for this function on both the tv remote and on the box remote, and will have to use both

Let me know if that works for you.

Thanks,