TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

I have a 50in samsung plasma tv that has vertical lines

Customer Question
I have a 50in...

I have a 50in samsung plasma tv that has vertical lines across the screen,could you suggest a fix plz

Technician's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your Samsung is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

Ps50c450b1m about 7years old

Technician's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

If i can get a control board replacement for it ,yes otherwise what do you recomende?

Technician's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Where do i get a main logic control board from as i am still searching and if necessary could another one to a 42inch be used with a bit of back panel modification?

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: TV
9/27/2017
TV Technician: Nathan, Installer replied 10 months ago
Nathan, Installer

Hi, I'm Nathan.
Sorry to hear that you're having trouble, but I'll do my best to help you. Please give me a few moments to review and reply.

Do those lines show up over top of the tvs own menu screens also?

To confirm, you have vertical lines (bottom to top) across the entire screen, correct? Not horizontal (side to side) lines?

On top of screen
Your just telling me things i already know,the solution is what i want

I was asking for some specifics to further diagnose the problem.

The logic board is not a likely source of the problem and fixing it would not be expected to help. You either have some bad buffer boards or a defect in the plasma panel. The approach here would be to replace the buffer boards and hope for the best, ***** ***** is unlikely you'd be able to find them in the first place. If that did not help, then we're down to a panel defect which is not possible to repair. Honestly for a tv this size and age, it is simply not worth fixing. It is far past its service life at this point and plasma technology is long obsolete, and even if you do manage to fix the current issue it will not extend the life of the tv any appreciable amount and you can buy a brand new led tv with a fresh warranty and better picture for the same price as you'd spend to fix this one and get only a little more time out of it.

After i took the back off,cleaned the dust off and examined the various components looking for bulging anf blown capaciators,finding none,i turned the tv on and noticed a flashing light in the logic board,have you any idea what that may be indicating as to the lines problem otherwise the tv still good

This is not something you would usually see any visual indicators for, if it was a cap issue the tv wouldn't even turn on in the first place. The flashing light is not an indication of a problem with the logic board. This is an issue with the buffer boards or the panel. Those are the two wide thin boards at the bottom edge of the tv.

Hello, it appears your question is still open.
Do you need more help with this?