TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

Sound was fine last night this morning it won't turn on but…

Customer Question
Sound was fine last...

Sound was fine last night this morning it won't turn on but it works on rocky mode

Technician's Assistant: What's the make and model of your tv, and has turning it on been a problem in the past?

Its a week old sharp smart tv

Technician's Assistant: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?

Menu works and other sources work only on satellite it doesn't other tv are fine

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?

I fell asleep with it on this morning I went to turn volume up and it wouldn't hasn't happened before

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: TV
9/27/2017
TV Technician: Aric, Technician replied 7 months ago
Aric, Technician

I'm reviewing your details and will reply shortly.

By far the most common cause of this problem, is a glitch in the cable box processing.
Please follow the steps below:
1) Shut the TV off, and then disconnect the cable/SAT box AND the TV from power (unplug their power cords).
2) If using an HDMI cable, disconnect and reconnect the HDMI cable on both ends when the cable box is unplugged from power (make sure it's secure on both ends).
3) Press and hold the power button on the TV itself (not the remote) for 10 full seconds while the set is unplugged, then release the power button.
4) Plug the cable box AND the TV back into power, then turn the TV on and attempt to watch a program.

This should restore the sound. However if it does not, then please try another source- such as a DVD player on the TV and see if that has sound. This tells us whether or not the TV, or the cable/SAT box itself is causing the problem.

If you need further assistance let me know. Before you go, PLEASE DO click at least a 3 STAR RATING, at the top of your screen. That is how I am credited for my efforts by the site. You can follow up any time as needed at no additional cost.

Aric, Technician