TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

I have a Panasonic TV and the menu screen pops up at random…

Customer Question
I have a Panasonic TV...
I have a Panasonic TV and the menu screen pops up at random times and scrolls through the different components as if someone pressed the input button on the remote (HDMI 1, HDMI 2, so on, and so on). It continues scrolling through the options as if we are using the TV remote to do it. Of course the TV goes to a blank screen while this is happening. I have an LCD TV with a model# ***** The TV is about 4 years old.
Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: TV
9/27/2017
TV Technician: Joe AV, Technician replied 7 months ago
Joe AV
Joe AV, Technician

Hello and Welcome,

My name is ***** ***** I would like to try and help you with this issue. Do you have another remote programed to the TV (cable satellite)?

We have a remote from Xfinity.

It seems you requested a phone call but the payment didn't go through. We can continue through chat if you'd like.

Chat is fine....

ok. Please allow me a moment to research.

It seems this is a known issue and turning CEC off from the TV menu will resolve the issue.

Try turning CEC off in the TV menu.
CEC is supposed to make using your set up easier to use by automatically switching when sources are turned on. Doesn't work well most of the time.

Using the menu on the tv navigate to Input labels > HDMI control> CEC function and set to "off"

This should fix your issue. Please let me know if you have any other questions and feel free to rate my service at the top of this page as it is very important to us. Thank you.

Just following up to see if this fixed your issue.

We tried that. It didn't work. Please refer to the comments of what we already tried.
I listed them in the initial e-mail...
TV Technician: Anthony_Infotech, Technician replied 7 months ago
Anthony_Infotech
Anthony_Infotech, Technician

Hello

My name is ***** ***** previous expert Joe has opted out, please just reply back to me below so I know you are on-line, just to add I do know what issues you have with the set thanks

Do you need any help with this please?

Anthony_Infotech
Anthony_Infotech
Anthony_Infotech, Technician