TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

Not getting a very clear picture, the words are a little…

Customer Question
Not getting a very...

Not getting a very clear picture, the words are a little blurry.

Technician's Assistant: What's the model number of your TV? How old is it?

Not really sure how old and where would the model number be?

Technician's Assistant: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?

Yes the menu works

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?

Nothing just put it up on the wall

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: TV
9/27/2017
TV Technician: Joe AV, Technician replied 7 months ago
Joe AV
Joe AV, Technician

Hello and Welcome. My name is ***** ***** I would like to help you with this issue. Can you tell me if words on your source are blurry (cable, satellite, dvd) or is it the words on the TV menu?

I have cable connected
Not really sure how old is the tv

OK great. Can you confirm if it is words on the channels that are fuzzy or is it the TV menu words that are blurry. You can confirm this by hitting the menu button on the tv for comparison.

When I hit menu the words are not blurry just on when watching tv.

OK. Thanks for the update. Well at least that rules out the TV. Can you tell me how the cable box is connected to the tv? Is it connected with HDMI, Component, AV cable? You may be able to confirm this by telling me which input you are on.

It is hooked with the av cable

I bet that is you problem. AV is just standard definition not high definition. Can you tell me the model of the TV and the cable box? I can see if I can figure something out for you.

Not sure what the model number is ***** the box is a spectrum cable box

ok. Can you tell me if the box and TV have hdmi ports on them?

the tv has 4 hdmi ports and cable box has one

Great. Do you have an HDMI cable? If so, you should connect HDMI out from the cable box to one of the HDMI inputs on the TV. This will give you the best image and solve your blurry issue.

Ok will try later have to get ready for work, thanks.

Sure. Let me know how it goes. Have a good day

Good morning. I am just following up to see if the HDMI connection worked better for you.

Joe AV
Joe AV
Joe AV, Technician