TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

My tv is a LG, the red light is on where it turns when

Customer Question
My tv is a...

My tv is a LG, the red light is on where it turns green when turned on but it won't turn on

Technician's Assistant: Has this happened before? And have you tried unplugging your LG and leaving it off for a few hours?

It has never happened before, I have unplugged it for up to 30 min, but didn't help

Technician's Assistant: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?

No the menu does not work

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?

I turned the tv off when I went to bed, but would not turn on the next day

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: TV
9/27/2017
TV Technician: Anthony_Infotech, Technician replied 10 months ago
Anthony_Infotech
Anthony_Infotech, Technician
Hello
WelcomeSorry you are having trouble here, is there any power light lit or blinking please on the front of the set?if not are any clicks heard from the set?Anthony
No lights blinking or clicking noises
Please call me
I am still here, I have not had a answer to my question
OK in every case were there is no light lit on the set and you are sure that power is reaching the set then suspicion is that the powerboard is bad,ideally a couple of checks with a volt ohm meter is needed to verify that ,if you think you can do work yourself please let me know i will be happy to help,
I am not available today by phone however your request has gone to the team
There are delays between replies whilst I check details on the set and type thank you,please read above
A positive rating at this point is appreciated thank you there is a rating bar of stars at the top of the page thanks again the site will then pay me thank you
Anthony

Yo said no lights lit no clicking noises however in your original question you do say the red light is lit, it really doesnt change things much, if you cant get the set on with the remote or the buttons on the set itself a board will need to be replaced its just that now there are 2 boards in the mix, the power AND mainboard one of those boards is bad

There is no need to open a new question thanks

Please read above, by the way my replies are not always an answer pe say but an insight to your issue as we move along then it will become more clearer exactly what the issue is, as it stands now there are two boards that can cause this a meter check is needed just to eliminate the power-board, as I say its something you can either do or not ,if you can use small tools and have a volt-ohm meter then we can make checks, the board will need to be ordered cost of board around $100, if you are not comfortable doing this then you will need a tech www.tvrepairpros.com will locate a tech in your area

If you need more help let me know

A positive rating is appreciated thank you (rating bar of stars top of the page thank you) 3 to 5 stars and the site will release credit to me thank you.
Regards
Anthony

Do you need any more help please?

I'm sorry but I'm afraid I don't understand your answer, I do have a red light indicating the tv is off, but when I try to turn it on it stays red and the TV does not turn on!

Please read above what I have said,you have already made this statement once and I replied to it above here it is again>>

You said no lights lit no clicking noises however in your original question you do say the red light is lit, it really doesn't change things much, if you cant get the set on with the remote or the buttons on the set itself a board will need to be replaced its just that now there are 2 boards in the mix, the power AND main-board one of those boards is bad

Its not very comforting but that is the way it is you have a problem with one of two boards as I said earlier if you are practical and can use small tools i can help you with this?

If not then you may be considering using a tech ?I can help you with that too along with potential costs

Anthony