TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

While watching our 75" LED TV on Sunday, we lost full video…

Customer Question
While watching our 75"...

While watching our 75" LED TV on Sunday, we lost full video and audio. The screen went blank and the power light (lower right corner) went off also. The TV would not respond to the remote to turn back on. I unplugged the TV and retried the remote. The TV powered up with the home screen. It indicated we had no signal input. I checked the cable box with another TV and it is worked with no problems. I moved the HDMI cable from HDMI 1 to HDMI 2 and it still showed no signal. Same thing with the HDMI 3. Is this something that can be resolved in set-up or do I need to contact a repair tech to come check it out?

Technician's Assistant: What is the exact make and model of your tv? And how long has this been an issue?

The current issue happened Sunday afternoon. I will get the model number.

Technician's Assistant: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?

Menu works. It appears everything else works except the HDMI input. I have had issues with two of the HDMI ports on and off for about 7 months. Lately, only HDMI 3 would work.

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?

I think the model is a J6300. It is hanging on a wall and I can not get to the label.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Expert to know before I connect you?

I think this is a good description of my issues.

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: TV
Answered in 1 minute by:
9/26/2017
TV Technician: Shahid, Technician replied 8 months ago
Shahid
Shahid, Technician

Hi, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you today. To make sure I don’t miss anything, please give me a minute to review your question.

- What video devices/ sources (such as cable box DVD player etc) are connected to TV and does the problem occur on all video input sources?

Only cable box connected

OK - Have you tried to disconnect TV and cable box power cords from power outlet for 10 minutes to reset, replug back in, let cable box reboot that may take several minutes and check?
If not yet, please try it now and reply back with the result

Cancel my account and card info. I will go directly to Samsung.

http://ww2.justanswer.com/help

Contact customer service via above link for any billing issue.