TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

TV won't turn on. Less than 3 years old. Haier. No problems…

Customer Question
TV won't turn on...

TV won't turn on. Less than 3 years old. Haier

Technician's Assistant: What's the make and model of your tv, and has turning it on been a problem in the past?

No problems in past. Serial number?

Technician's Assistant: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?

No power at all.

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?

All inputs are working

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: TV
9/26/2017
TV Technician: Aric, Technician replied 10 months ago
Aric, Technician

I'm reviewing your details and will reply shortly.

Can you please get me the full model number off of the back of the TV?

Also, are you saying there are currently no signs of life at all on the set (power light, click sounds, etc.)?

55e3500

None

Thanks for the reply. This generally points to a premature fault within the power supply board of the TV, and in many cases requires replacement of this part to fix the issue.

However it's worth it to try a hard reset, as sometimes the processor in the TV can simply have locked up.

The first thing you would try, is disconnect the set from power, then press and hold the power button on the TV itself (not the remote), for 10 seconds and release. Then plug the set back in, and also check that the power cord is connected tight at the TV as well. Press power once, and see if the set powers up normally. Try this procedure up to 2 times, and please let me know what happens.

Were you able to try those steps? Any response from the set at all?