TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

My 22" VIZIO TV won't change channels. It is stuck on

Customer Question
My 22" VIZIO TV...

My 22" VIZIO TV won't change channels. It is stuck on Channel 1 and it won't move up or down. I'm pushing the buttons on the side of the TV and nothing happens. Can you help?

Technician's Assistant: What's the exact make and model of your television? And how long has this been happening with the channels?

VIZIO model VA 220E 22"

Technician's Assistant: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?

Yes, the TV menu works. All other buttons work, but not the channels. I can change the volume, color settings, etc.

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?

It has been an issue at least a month. I went on vacation and so I haven't been able to use my TV for the past month. I don't know when something happened.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Expert to know before I connect you?

No, I just need to change channels!

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: TV
9/26/2017
TV Technician: Richard, Technician replied 10 months ago
Richard, Technician

Thanks
Can you remove the ink from the printer then power it off.
then using a Q-Tip with cleaning alcohol (or warm water if you do not have any), clean out the areas where the ink goes in.
Then use a damp cloth and wipe down the inside of the printer.
Once done, let it dry for 10 minutes
Then put the ink back in, power it on and tell me if it then prints correctly please
This will also allow you to see if any foreign objects are in the printer which may cause this.