TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

I want to control my Hisense tv, Model 58322UW, using my…

Customer Question
I want to control...

I want to control my Hisense tv, Model 58322UW, using my Panasonic DVD, Model DMR-XW385. I can use all dvd functions but I want to power on the TV (and conthen control it) from the Panasonic remote.

Technician's Assistant: What's the make/model of your device? How old is it?

Phil

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?

Model details have been sent. the TV is 1 year old, the dvd probably 6 years old.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Electronics Expert to know before I connect you?

Help!

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: TV
9/26/2017
TV Technician: Chris Lindsey, Technician replied 8 months ago
Chris Lindsey
Chris Lindsey, Technician

Good evening and welcome to JustAnswer. My name is ***** ***** I will be your I.T. Specialist today.

Let's go ahead and take a look at this Panasonic Manual that I would like for you to try:

Set the Remote to Programming Mode

Before beginning, turn on any television already programmed to the remote. In order to program the Panasonic remote with any other devices, the remote has to be set to its programming mode. To do this, press and hold both the Power and the Action buttons at the same time. If the remote is a lighted remote, all of the component buttons start to blink once the remote enters programming mode. The remote should need only five seconds or so to enter programming mode.

Select the Appropriate Device Button

Once the remote confirms that it is in programming mode, press the button that corresponds to the device to program. The television screen should display programming information. If programming a DVD player, press the DVD component button. To program a new television to the Panasonic remote, press the TV button on the remote. The remote then asks for the manufacturer code for the device.

Use the Code Search Function

Several online resources offer lists of codes that homeowners can use with their Panasonic remote. Most users do not have access to that list exactly when they need it, however, so the code search function is another option. To do this, use the volume buttons to scroll through the manufacturers and devices list on the screen until the correct code displays. Press the Select key to choose the appropriate code when it displays.

Enter the Manufacturer Code if Available

If the manufacturer code for the device is readily available during programming, enter it using the remote's keypad. Enter each number in sequential order and then press the Select key to confirm the code. The television screen should confirm that the code is accepted and the remote should exit programming mode when the remote accepts the manufacturer code.

Complete the Programming and Test the Remote

After entering or selecting the proper manufacturer code, test the remote with the component in question. To do this, press the proper component key and then use the Panasonic remote's keys to operate the device. If the component responds, the Panasonic remote programming is successful.

In the event that the component does not respond properly, start the programming process from the beginning. If there are multiple manufacturer codes available for the device, choose a different one the second time. Continue as necessary until the component responds appropriately.

Programming Other Devices with the Remote

To program more than one device to the Panasonic remote control, continue with the same process as before. Put the remote back into programming mode and select the component button for the next device to program. Test each device independently before programming the next one to ensure that the components each program correctly.

Troubleshooting the Programming

If the programming process continues to fail, it is possible that the Panasonic remote is running low on battery power. Replace the batteries and attempt the programming process again. Be sure to insert the batteries according to the diagram inside of the battery compartment and do not mix old batteries with new ones as this can cause batteries to leak and malfunction.

Please let me know how the operation goes and I will be notified upon your response.

Chris L

Louie, Technician