TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

LG plasma TV: 50PZ 950UA-AUSLLHR: It started that the TV…

Customer Question
LG plasma TV: 50PZ...

LG plasma TV: 50PZ 950UA-AUSLLHR : It started that the TV turned itself on during the night. No picture and sound just random black lines. Then it started happening more and more often. Then one day the picture and sound stopped. The light became a floating blue light, but no stand by red can be detected. I am trying to read about the possible problems but no consistent information is available on line.

Technician's Assistant: What's the model number of your TV? How old is it?

I indicated in the baginning of the description. 50PZ 950-UA, and it si six years old.

Technician's Assistant: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?

THe TV did not come on just the floating blue line was obseved. I did not test any other source of input except the antenna input.

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?

The TV turned itself on during the night, and this started happening more and more often, And one day thesound and picrure disappeared

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: TV
9/26/2017
TV Technician: Aric, Technician replied 8 months ago
Aric, Technician

I'm reviewing your details and will reply shortly.

Unfortunately these symptoms occur when the set's Mainboard is failing (that is the key component in the set that can cause the set to turn itself on- without being prompted by the power button, at anytime). In most cases this requires replacement of the mainboard to fix the issue.

However it's worth it to try a hard reset, as sometimes the processor in the TV can simply have locked up.

The first thing you would try, is disconnect the set from power, then press and hold the power button on the TV itself (not the remote), for 10 seconds and release. Then plug the set back in, and also check that the power cord is connected tight at the TV as well. Press power once, and see if the set powers up and functions normally. Try this procedure up to 2 times, and please let me know what happens.

Please view my reply and try those steps to proceed.