Aric, Technician
Experience:  15+ years in the field. Owner of AV Installation, OEM and Repair company
24739752

It wont stay powered on. When it does come on the screen is

It wont stay powered on. When it does come on the screen is black woth a blue section and then goes right off
JA: What's the model number of your TV? How old is it?
Customer: It is 55 inch not sure where the number is ***** We bought it back in april of 2017
JA: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?
Customer: No nothing comes up. It flicks on to black screen with blue and then shuts off
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: The screen looked disorented. Like 3d almost then i shut it off and now its doing this
JA: Anything else you want the Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: No

I'm reviewing your details and will reply shortly.

What's the model number off of the back of the TV please, or at least the brand?

Customer: replied 23 days ago.
Tcl roku 55 inch smart tv

Thank you. Offhand these symptoms directly indicate a premature hardware failure in the set (not uncommon with off brands like TCL, Haier, etc.), and in most cases require service.

However it's worth it to try a hard reset, as sometimes the processor in the TV can simply have locked up.

The first thing you would try, is disconnect the set from power, then press and hold the power button on the TV itself (not the remote), for 10 seconds and release. Then plug the set back in, and also check that the power cord is connected tight at the TV as well. Press power once, and see if the set powers up normally. Try this procedure up to 2 times, and please let me know what happens.

Customer: replied 23 days ago.
It did not work, the screen goes from black to blue then shuts off again

I'm sorry and that is all you can try on a user level. The TV is faulty and requires repairs. Given it's under a year old you would need to contact TCL regarding warranty repairs on the set.

Other than that, I'm sorry for the bad news here and wish there were a quick fix.
If you need further assistance let me know. Before you go, PLEASE DO click at least a 3 STAR RATING, at the top of your screen. That is how I am credited for my efforts by the site.

Customer: replied 23 days ago.
Thanks !!

You're welcome and best of luck with the set.