TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

I have a panasonic viera, and on the screen it says "input…

Customer Question
Hey there, I have...

Hey there, I have a panasonic viera, and on the screen it says "input locked!" and it asks for a password, I don't know the password, and when I go to the menu, to the reset section, I need a password ***** that too. Is there anything else I can do to resest it?

Technician's Assistant: What's the model number of your TV? How old is it?

It's a 2012 Tc l32x5

Technician's Assistant: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?

The menu works, but I can't do anything through it. And yes, all the imputs are locked

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?

A week. I don't remember

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: TV
9/25/2017
TV Technician: Nathan, Installer replied 10 months ago
Nathan, Installer

Hi, I'm Nathan.
Sorry to hear that you're having trouble, but I'll do my best to help you. Please give me a few moments to review and reply.

As an initial step, please try using 0000 for the password ***** let me know if it works for you.

Well, I've been trying to set a remote up to enter a password, but I believe I'm locked out of setting up a remote too

Do you not have the original panasonic remote?

No

You will need a functional remote to get past this, as it is not possible to reset or enter the password ***** it. The default password ***** ***** or 1234,

you may order a replacement remote here: http://amzn.to/2yCMFnF