TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

TV

I have an LG smart TV and I have it on the internet but have…

Hi - I have...

Hi - I have an LG smart TV and I have it on the internet but have a little box in the lower right corner showing what is on the tv - there is a little X to close the box but I am not able to click it - when I click the box it exits the internet and goes back to the TV - how can I shut off that tv insert feature please?

Technician's Assistant: Just to clarify, what's the exact make and model of your smart tv?

42ln5700

Technician's Assistant: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?

The tv menu works - I don't know re your second question

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?

Today is the 1st day I tried to use the internet with it - the little box is not there if I go into say amazon prime or hulu

Answered in 1 minute by:
9/25/2017
Nathan, Installer

Hi, I'm Nathan.
Sorry to hear that you're having trouble, but I'll do my best to help you. Please give me a few moments to review and reply.

So when you go into an app (netflix, amazon, etc) do you just get a blank screen, or some type of error message?

no the apps work fine - it is just on the internet screen, I see what is on TV in a little insert box in the lower right - I just want to close that box\

Okay you mean you are seeing the tv channel still, like a preview box?

exactly - so it covers that part of the screen and I would like it to go away :-) is there something in settings maybe?
are you there?
hello?

My apologies for the delay. The site is not quite instant, but please try to send only a single response and allow me time to receive it and respond back; multiple messages can get lost in the queue and further delayed.

ok

Do you see a PIP button on your LG tv remote? If so, you'll press that to clear it and go back to full screen. Let me know if that works.

I do not see aPIP button on the remote

If you don't see that, try pressing the BACK or Exit button

in either case it just kicks me back out to the tv

Can you arrow over, so you are using the arrow buttons to select the larger streaming window (rather than highlighting the small tv window) then press OK to select it.

nothing happens
I got rid of it! I clicked something

That is the arrow over process, you either selected the main screen or highlighted the small one to close it. Glad it is working for you!

If you have any other questions, just let me know. Otherwise, please take a moment to rate my service as this is the only way I am credited for my time. Hopefully I have earned 5 Stars but if not please let me know what I can do to ensure you are satisfied. I also invite you to contact me directly with any future support needs at http://bit.ly/2rRmuH2 and ask for Nathan.

Thank you, ***** ***** a nice day,

thank you - no that was not it there was a very small tv bo in the top scroll bar that I cicked on

Thank you for clarifying

Nathan, Installer
Nathan, Installer