TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

TV

I tried to watch an amazon movie that was in Spanish on Roku

but could not pull up...
I tried to watch an amazon movie that was in Spanish on Roku but could not pull up captions in English. Is this possible? The CC works on regular TV.
JA: What's the make/model of your device? How old is it?
Customer: 50 " LCD 2012
JA: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: I recently converted to the new" talk to" remote from Comcast which puts you on HDMI necessary but I then have to use Panasonic to get into Amazon . I was always able to get CC on foreign movies before. Do you think it's the fault of the new remote?
JA: Anything else you want the Electronics Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: No
Answered in 1 minute by:
9/25/2017
Nathan, Installer

Hi, I'm Nathan.
Sorry to hear that you're having trouble, but I'll do my best to help you. Please give me a few moments to review and reply.

This is really dependent on the movie/show title. The availability of captions/subtitles and secondary audio varies by content, some shows/movies have many options, some have none.

What you would do to try is to go to the title page of the show, before you press play, on that title page at the lower right of the screen you'll see the language/subtitle option to click, which brings up choices to allow you to enable whatever you wish (again depending on what options that particular content will offer).

Let me know if that works for you.

Thanks,

No phone call. Text answer please

You are seeing an automated ad by the site for a call or remote session. It is not sent by me. This is optional and may be ignored if you wish.

I sent a written answer earlier, please scroll up to view that.

There is nothing in lower right corner.

It is not in the very bottom corner, but it is over to the right hand side of the screen, by the description of the show, but above where it shows the actors and other similar shows

You can also start the playback of the show, and then press the * (option) button on the roku remote, and in the pop up bar at the bottom choose the CC caption "bubble" icon there to engage the setting

What's crazy is the subtitles are automatically on the trailer but I have scrutinized every screen on the start of the movie without finding any referral to CC. The options and cc button don't work on this. I am wearing them out. I give up. Thx

If they aren't coming on with the button or icon, then that feature is simply not available on that particular title.

No thx. I'm not spending any more time on this.

I'm not asking you to. You are seeing an automated ad by the site for a call or remote session. It is not sent by me. This is optional and may be ignored if you wish.

I did send the written answers of how to use the captions, but again those are only going to work if the title actually contains the captioned content. For this one in question, the captions would not be there in the first place and that is an amazon content limitation.

If you have any other questions, just let me know. Otherwise, please take a moment to rate my service as this is the only way I am credited for my time. Hopefully I have earned 5 Stars but if not please let me know what I can do to ensure you are satisfied. I also invite you to contact me directly with any future support needs at http://bit.ly/2rRmuH2 and ask for Nathan.

Thank you, ***** ***** a nice day,

Nathan, Installer
Nathan, Installer