Anthony_Infotech
Anthony_Infotech, Technician
Experience:  20+ years experience TV expert (field and bench) 9 approved qualifications in TV-ELECTRONICS
18621325

Video shuts off after a few seconds. I have replaced

video shuts off after a few seconds. I have replaced mainboard, inverters and eeprom chip
JA: What's the model number of your TV? How old is it?
Customer: insignia ns-55l260a13
JA: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?
Customer: no video to see menu all inputs
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: when it first started messing up, the left side of the screen would be a little blurry and dim, then it would start getting normal
JA: Anything else you want the Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: i can't think of anything

Hello
Welcome
I am sorry you are having trouble here,I am presently reviewing your question be with you very soon.

Anthony

Let me know when you are in the chat please by replying below

Anthony

Customer: replied 25 days ago.
I am here
Customer: replied 25 days ago.
No, we can chat

What you are describing is classic t-con board failure ,this board drives the LCD display and a classic symptom is blurriness one side

Customer: replied 25 days ago.
Ok, that is the one board i haven't replaced.

The t-con is located usually at the center top of the set sometimes covered by a metal shield

Yes one very important thing...order by part-number only found on the board itself

Customer: replied 25 days ago.
Thanks, ***** ***** where it is. That was going to be my next try. Thank you
Customer: replied 25 days ago.
ok, will do that

Your Welcome

A positive rating is appreciated thank you (rating bar of stars top of the page thank you) 3 to 5 stars and the site will release credit to me thank you.
Regards
Anthony

Customer: replied 25 days ago.
ok thank you

Thank You

If you need any more help please let me know question is open for 30 days so bookmark page thank you

Anthony

Customer: replied 17 days ago.
I replaced the t-con board, the screen comes on, then goes back off, comes back on again and goes off - about 5-10 seconds for each. do not see any menu options for video input.

This is different from your original issue you are sure both part-numbers are the same on both boards?

Customer: replied 17 days ago.
exact part numbers. i don't remember if i put the original or new inverters back on - i can try switching them out. This is what it was doing after I switched out the power board and inverters. So almost all the parts have been replaced. I couldn't find a new board for where the eeprom chip is, but that is new also (the chip). When it first started messing up, it had the blurred video on left of screen but after a while it just started powering off

I do not think this is to do with the t-con however you may need to put old one back just to prove that assumption

Customer: replied 17 days ago.
well i switched the inverters and it won't even power on now so i am switching them back

No I mean get back to square one by putting the old tcon back in

Customer: replied 17 days ago.
its powering on, but still doing all the same things, shutting off after a few seconds. there is only one board i can't find, which is the one with the eeprom chip on it. What else would make it not stay on?
Customer: replied 17 days ago.
it is doing same thing with original tcon

You may have a problem with the LCD panel itself

In other words the screen,

Customer: replied 17 days ago.
that isn't fixable is it?

No its not an option to replace the panel itself

Customer: replied 17 days ago.
ok crap, thanks anyway!

It could be the backlights themselves bad or the panel itself both are not good

Your boards you should be able to send back

Customer: replied 17 days ago.
ok, a friend gave me the tv anyway, so at least I am only out a few parts :)

OK sorry for dismal news

Customer: replied 17 days ago.
thanks, ***** ***** try - electronic parts aren't normally returnable. At the very least i can re sell them as used.
Customer: replied 17 days ago.
not your fault, thanks!

No they should take them back but charge you for restocking

Most do

Customer: replied 17 days ago.
thank you!

Your Welcome