TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

UN55 HU I think a power surge as tv will not turn on, UN55…

Customer Question
UN55 HU I think...

UN55 HU I think a power surge as tv will not turn on

Technician's Assistant: What's the make and model of your tv, and has turning it on been a problem in the past?

UN55 HU 7250

Technician's Assistant: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?

No

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?

Yes

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Expert to know before I connect you?

We were out of town for several weeks...was ok before we left

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: TV
9/25/2017
TV Technician: Richard, Technician replied 7 months ago
Richard, Technician

Hi there and welcome

Are you seeing any standby lights on the TV at all?

If so, what color is it? and is it blinking or solid?

No light on screen at all. There is no n off switch on tv

Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.

Please note, a rating is only needed when we are finished.

Can you please remove the power to the TV (so unplug it from the power socket).

Then wait 10 minutes, connect the power again to the TV, turn it on and tell me please if it is now operating correctly.

Let me know the results please

How do I get tv on?

Can you do the last instructions I gave and provide me the results please?

I have done this several times and still does not come on

Thanks

Have you tried connecting it to a different power socket? To rule out that as the fault?

Okay unplugged and waiting 10 minutes

If you have done it several times already there is no point to do it again

Richard, if there was a power surge and it damaged it, can it be repaired

Yes, but first we need to eliminate anything else, can you please reply to my last question?

Ok, have it plugged into a different wall outlet

Are the standby lights showing?

What do I do now...no standby lights

Thanks

It is the powerboard that has faulted, it is most commonly caused by a power surge

I am really sorry about this and you are going to have to return the TV to have this replaced. It will be covered by the warranty if this has not expired, and the replacement will be done at no cost to you.

I am really sorry about this, and if you have problems, or would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.

And if you can take a second to rate my service by clicking one of the stars at the top of the page, then submit, that would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you

Okay, thanks

you're welcome

Let me know if you need anything else and please remember the service rating via one of the stars at the top of the screen then submit.

Thank you

Richard, Technician