TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

I have a 50" Samsung smart tv. I have no volumn and the tv…

Customer Question
I have a 50"...

I have a 50" Samsung smart tv. I have no volumn and the tv keeps turning on and off every 10 seconds or so by itself. I cannot turn the tv off and have it stay off. I had to unplug the tv. I have replaced the batteries in the remote.

Technician's Assistant: Just to clarify, what's the exact make and model of your smart tv?

Model code UN40J520D4FXZA

Technician's Assistant: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?

No, the menu doesn't work.

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?

SInce last night. I put it on mute just before this problem started.

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: TV
9/25/2017
TV Technician: Richard, Technician replied 8 months ago
Richard, Technician

Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.

Please note, a rating is only needed when we are finished.

Can you please remove the power to the TV (so unplug it from the power socket).

Then on the actual TV, hold the power button for 60 seconds then release.

Then wait 10 minutes, connect the power again to the TV, turn it on and tell me please if it is now operating correctly.

Let me know the results please

Louie, Technician