TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

I have Xfinity cable. Box ARRIS RNG150N and my TV is a

Customer Question
Second opinion] Hello I...

Second opinion] Hello I have Xfinity cable

Technician's Assistant: What's the model number of your TV? How old is it?

Box ARRIS RNG150N and my TV is a Samsung MU8000 I just bought it

Technician's Assistant: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?

TV menu work, the issue is that I see a HDMI No Signal

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?

It never worked I just arrived to the US and go a brand new TV and brand new Comcast contract

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Expert to know before I connect you?

Customer:
I have a coaxial cable from the wall to a splitter - one cable goes to my modem (which works), the other cable goes to the Comcast cable box (ARRIS RNG150N).
I have an ethernet cable going from the modem to a Samsung Home Pro Connect (router).
I have a HDMI cable going from the Comcast cable box to an external Samsung One Connect box that came with my Smart TV (MU8000)

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: TV
Answered in 1 hour by:
9/25/2017
TV Technician: Louie, Technician replied 10 months ago
Louie, Technician

Hi and welcome to JustAnswer, I’m Louie. Sorry you had to wait awhile but I’ll do my best to help.
Initially and to avoid asking you to do something you've already tried, can you please tell me what / any and all troubleshooting / specific steps you've already attempted other than / to address the above.

Still, have you tried:

• check/replace the HDMI cable;
  • try another source/device (such as HDMI equipped laptop, DVD/Bluray player even if just for test purposes to replace the ARRIS RNG150N.

This is an independent site and members of this online community provide information, repair tips, technical assistance as a form of paid Q & A service.