TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

I have a Panasonic Viera television, [email protected], LED, smart TV,

Customer Question
I have a Panasonic...

I have a Panasonic Viera television, [email protected], LED, smart TV, probably around five years old. I was watching this afternoon when suddenly the screen went dark. Unplugged it, waited a few minutes, plugged it back in and the television lasted about 30 seconds before going dark again. Unplugged it again, waited about 45 minutes, turned it back on and it lasted a little over an hour before going black again. Any ideas? Thanks in advance!

Technician's Assistant: Just to clarify, what's the exact model of your Panasonic? And can you guesstimate how old it is?

Right now I cannot tell you the exact model, no help, paralyzed from neck down. I probably could get some help within the next 30 minutes.

Technician's Assistant: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?

Same problem with all inputs

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?

First time, this afternoon. Television had been on all day

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Expert to know before I connect you?

Not really, just want to know if this is fixable or do I need to get someone to pick up a new television

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: TV
9/25/2017
TV Technician: Shahid, Technician replied 10 months ago
Shahid
Shahid, Technician

Hi, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you today. To make sure I don’t miss anything, please give me a minute to review your question.

I'm sorry you're having trouble with it, I need more info to troubleshoot the problem.

- Does power light on TV start flashing when TV switch Off itself?

- Do you keep getting sound from TV speakers while screen goes dark?

No sound, nothing, except for red blinking power light

OK, flashing red power light on TV is indicating hardware related failure in TV and number of times it does flash is an error code that will help to determine the problem section in TV.

TV model number is ***** at this point to diagnose the issue and to locate the required parts/ to calculate approx repair cost.

However, in my opinion since TV is around 5 years old then you would be better off with a new TV at this point as this TV has already passed its service life and its repairing may cost as much as a new TV price. New TV would have latest video technology/ features and come with fresh 12 months warranty.

I hope these info will help. If you have any additional questions, feel free to ask. If you're satisfied, please rate me a 5-star at the top of your page so I can get credit of my work on website.
Thank you.