TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

I have a Sony Bravia television and Sonos Playbar. I cannot…

Customer Question
I have a Sony...

I have a Sony Bravia television and Sonos Playbar. I cannot get sound through the Playbar, even though all settings seem to be correct.

Technician's Assistant: Just to clarify, what's the exact model of your Sony? And can you guesstimate how old it is?

Hi, both the television and the Playbar are brand new. TV is a Sony x940e.

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?

JUst today - have been trying to set up for the first time. I hae reconnected the entire system several times, including powering down and I have been though all of the tv system settings, both with the Sonos app and on my own

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Electronics Expert to know before I connect you?

I have other Sonos speakers (a Sub and two Play:1 speakers) but no cable box or dvd player or any other peripherals. Thanks!

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: TV
9/24/2017
TV Technician: Aric, Technician replied 10 months ago
Aric, Technician

I'm reviewing your details and will reply shortly.

What's the full model number off of the back of the Sony TV?

What manner of connection are you using between the TV and the Sonos?

Is the sound coming from the TV's built in speakers currently?

XBR-75X940DOptical cable (red light is showing through cable)Yes (In settings I have speakers set to "Audio System: but it is still only coming from TV speakers.)
Test of Sonos speakers with software was successful, sound was fine.
We have solved our issue.