TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

Setup programs works fine; but it won't switch to cable

Customer Question
Setup programs works fine...

Setup programs works fine; but it won't switch to cable input

Technician's Assistant: What's the model number of your TV? How old is it?

32PF7321D/37; probably 10 years

Technician's Assistant: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?

Menu works; cable input used to work but stopped. a new tv was installed and it works

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?

Within the last week; right before this it received cable just fine

Submitted: 9 months ago.Category: TV
Answered in 1 minute by:
9/24/2017
TV Technician: Mike G., Technician replied 9 months ago
Mike G.
Mike G., Technician

Hello, I see you were chatting with the site's automated response system. I am Mike, the real life technician assigned to help you. Sorry to hear you are having problems....
Are you available to chat with me right now?

Are you using a cable box that you control with a cable company remote?

no

No, there is not cable box?

I am using a cable box

Oh, ok. What port on the back of the tv is the box connected to? All the ports are labelled on the tv

hdmi . the new tv has worked just fine without any adjustment to cable box

What are you doing with this tv? Is the HDMI currently connected into this tv?

the Philips tv is currently out-of-service as it doesn't work

What are you planning to do with the Philips Tv? I am here to assist you, so are you currently able to actually go through the process of connecting the cable box to the tv with an HDMI cable?

the Philips tv did work but stopped; only video you could get was the setup info. When switching to cable input "no channels available" message is displayed

I understand the symptoms you say were happening. Again, why are you here? I want to help you, so in order to help you, please tell me what you are expecting from this chat? Do you want to try and get the tv working again? or you tell me what I can do for you here...

bye

see ya