TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

I just got a 40" d series smart tv and I can't get hulu plus…

Customer Question
Hi - I just...

Hi - I just got a 40" d series smart tv and I can't get hulu plus app - it has Hulu but not the live tv which I have on my phone

Technician's Assistant: Just to clarify, what's the exact make and model of your smart tv?

A d40-d1

Technician's Assistant: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?

This is my first smart tv - my other tvs I can cast through chromecast - I thought I wouldn't have to do that with a smart tv

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?

I just bought it yesterday

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: TV
9/24/2017
TV Technician: Dan, Broadcast Engineer replied 10 months ago
Dan, Broadcast Engineer

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer, I look forward to assisting you today. Unfortunately there are several TV's that do not support certain streaming services. I don't believe you will find either Netflix or Amazon available either, unless Vizio has made a change? The only way for you to receive your Hulu Plus at this time, is to use an external streaming device like a Roku or Amazon Firestick. Most devices will have the services they support listed on the packaging, so be sure to check that out. Please let me know if you have further questions.