TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

I get a message that the tv is not connected to the

Customer Question
I get a message...

I get a message that the tv is not connected to the internet. It will not reset the network or the internet. The router and the modem are both working.

Technician's Assistant: What's the exact make and model of your television? And what have you tried as far as getting this connected goes?

Vizio 36''. I went to settings and then trouble shooting. It will run the network and the internet reset but they just run and then the tv reverts back to whatever station it is on.

Technician's Assistant: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?

I used the menu to access the settings and internet restore. Netflix is not working and anything that requires an internet connection.

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?

It started yesterday afternoon. I can't think of anything that happened to cause a problem.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Expert to know before I connect you?

Nothing

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: TV
9/24/2017
TV Technician: Joe AV, Technician replied 11 months ago
Joe AV
Joe AV, Technician

Hello and welcome. My name is ***** ***** I would like to assist you with this issue. Can you please reboot the TV by unplugging it and then plugging it back in? Once completed, let me know and we can move forward with the next steps.

it did nothing
reboot did nothing

OK. Thank you for the quick response. I would now like to reboot the router as it seems the connection between the TV and router is not complete. By rebooting the router it will force the TV to reconnect to it. Please let me know the results of that.

the tv has the Netflix sign and no picture. There is audio from some station but no video. No buttons on the remote work. this is a problem that is new.

ok. Now that the router has been rebooted, please reboot the TV by unplugging it from power and plug it back in. This should allow for a good connection to the router.

Back to square one. Now the remote and video are working. When I go to check status in the trouble shooter the message is internet not connected. The computer in on the internet and the router has a strong signal.

hmmm. OK.. Please allow me a few moments to review.

Just confirming.....Is this a wireless or ethernet connection?

If wireless, we will have to perform factory reset on your TV as a next step. Please follow these steps:

Press the Menu button on your remote and select either Help or System.

Select Reset and Admin, followed by Clear Memory, Clear Memory/Factory Defaults or Reset TV to Factory Defaults. On some models, Clear Memory or similar options may be available directly in the Help or System menu, instead of in a Reset and Admin menu.

Enter your parental control PIN to confirm that you want to factory reset, prompting the TV to shut down and then power up again in its initial setup mode. If you have never configured your PIN, the default is "0000."

I went to menu and it has what's new and frequently asked questions. Can't find system

what is the exact model number?

rec id r1898860867-82
smart card s2327853146-47
mod e48c2 maybe o2
Ok. Please allow me a few minutes

OK. Please try this.

1. Press the MENU button on the remote.
  2. In VIA it is: Depending on the model: Highlight HELP then Clear Memory. Or HELP then Reset and Admin and press the OK button then Clear Memory.
  3. Use the Arrow buttons on the remote to highlight CLEAR MEMORY/FACTORY DEFAULTS or Reset TV to Factory Defaults and press the OK button.
  4. Enter the parental control PIN (if you have never changed this, it is 0000) and press OK on the remote.
  5. Do not press the Power button. The TV will reset, turn off, and then turn on again by itself.

The initial setup appears when the TV is powered back on. This is the same as the first time you turned on the TV.

I did this before. I go to help and it has faq and what's new. I can't find systems or clear memory.

Very interesting. When you go to Menu can you please tell me your options?

trending now, prime time, video on demand, dvr, guide, Netflix, search, settings, help, my account, weather, apps and home media

Please go to settings and let me know what you see.. It seems you may be running a different software version which is why it differs

parental controls, favorite channels, internet, remote control, tv, asseccsability, guide, closed cap, menu language, secondary audio, power, appearance, notifications, timer defalt, ota antenna, audio output, dish music, mobile devices, phone, control4, diagnostics

wow..I am not finding documentation that corresponds with this at all. If you go to each selection do you see any option for reset or system reset?

in diagnostics I have run reset to factory, reset wireless, reset remote and reset network. all of them and it will not reset anything. I am beginning to think it might have something to do with the wireless connection. The router has a strong signal but for some reason the tv is still not connected to the network. The computer is on the internet and there is no problem.

It may be the wireless receiver in the TV. It is strange you cannot do a factory reset. I am not sure what else to do at this point. I see one person had the TV unplugged for 10 minutes and it did a hard reset on the TV. Can you try killing power to the TV for 10 minutes please then try the factory reset.

will do

Thank you. Let me know how it goes.

I am waiting to reset the tv . while waiting I checked the wireless and my printer is working so I know it is not the router
The problem is still there.
I have been working with you for 4hr and was told to request a new tech. It has been 45 min and no one has answered. I have had no fixes and am calling it a day.
TV Technician: Shahid, Technician replied 11 months ago
Shahid
Shahid, Technician

Hello, I'm Shahid. Sorry to hear that you're having trouble with this but I'll do my best to help.

Please grab Vizio Remote that came with this TV and follow the steps mentioned below to reset the TV, do not use cable remote.

1. Press the MENU button. The on-screen menu is displayed.

2. Use the Arrow buttons on the remote to highlight System and press OK. The SYSTEM menu is displayed.

3. Highlight Reset & Admin and press OK. The RESET & ADMIN menu is displayed.

4. Highlight Reset TV to Factory Defaults and press OK.

5. If you have changed the default parental control PIN, enter it now or try 0000. The TV displays, "Select Reset to restore all TV settings to factory defaults and clear all account information."

6. Highlight Reset and press OK.

7. Wait for the TV to turn off. The TV will turn back on shortly afterward and the Setup App will begin.

Please reply back with the result to proceed further.

I reset to factory settings with the vizio remote and have the same problem
TV Technician: Shahid, Technician replied 10 months ago

OK, does TV show your wifi modem or any wifi modem name nearby when run Network Setup?