TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

I own a mitsuibishi tv wd-82c12. I believe the tv lamps need…

Customer Question
Hello Pearl, i own...

Hello Pearl, i own a mitsuibishi tv wd-82c12. I believe the tv lamps need to be replaced and I would like to know many lamps the tv has. Unfortunately, i have misplaced the manual.

Technician's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your Mitsubishi is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

Its a 2012 model

Technician's Assistant: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?

Yes the Tv works fine except the quality of the video has become dimished especially during the day with some sunlight in the room.

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?

Nothing has happened. I guess the lamps may have started to decay over time. The reduction has been happening gradually for about a year now.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Expert to know before I connect you?

Nothing really. I was just thinking of replacing the lamp(s) and i would like know if the tv uses only lamp or if uses a RGB lamps (which would then be 3)?

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: TV
9/24/2017
TV Technician: Aric, Technician replied 10 months ago
Aric, Technician

I'm reviewing your details and will reply shortly.

The WD-82C12 uses one lamp (it's not a 3 CRT rear projection, but a single lamp projection set). It is available at the link below from Pureland Supply (they only carry OEM Osram lamps which are what Mitsubishi recommends for these sets):

http://purelandsupply.com/mitsubishi-dlp-tv-bulbs_wd82c12.html

Additionally, the manual (with instructions to replace the lamp outlined on page 28), for your set is available at the following link:

http://c.shld.net/assets/own/spin_prod_695533601.pdf

I would also suggest avoiding substitute/clone lamps (like the ones on Amazon for $30 +/-), as they cause instability and can actually damage the set. The OEM Osram lamp above is a bit more ($105), but built to rated spec for long-term reliable use in this set.

Let me know if you need further assistance. Also, before you go, could you please click a POSITIVE RATING (by scrolling all of the way to the top of the page, and clicking 3-5 stars), so that I am credited for working with you today?

Do you need further assistance with this?