TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

I have an LG tv and the sound has suddenly stopped working.

Customer Question
I have an LG...

I have an LG tv and the sound has suddenly stopped working

Technician's Assistant: What's the model number of your TV? How old is it?

It's less than 6 months old. Where can I find the model number?

Technician's Assistant: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?

I don I don't know what you mean by sources and inputs

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?

Nothing. The tv worked fine last night. Turned on this morning and there's a pic and no sound. I rebooted the cable box, made sure it's not muted etc.

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: TV
9/24/2017
TV Technician: Aric, Technician replied 11 months ago
Aric, Technician

I'm reviewing your details and will reply shortly.

Please follow the steps below:
1) Shut the TV off, and then disconnect the cable/SAT box AND the TV from power (unplug their power cords).
2) If using an HDMI cable, disconnect and reconnect the HDMI cable on both ends when the cable box is unplugged from power (make sure it's secure on both ends).
3) Press and hold the power button on the TV itself (not the remote) for 10 full seconds while the set is unplugged, then release the power button.
4) Plug the cable box AND the TV back into power, then turn the TV on and attempt to watch a program.

This should restore the sound. However if it does not, then please try another source- such as a DVD player on the TV and see if that has sound. This tells us whether or not the TV, or the cable/SAT box itself is causing the problem.

If you need further assistance let me know. Before you go, PLEASE DO click at least a 3 STAR RATING, at the top of your screen. That is how I am credited for my efforts by the site. You can follow up any time as needed at no additional cost.

This did not work

I asked specifically if a DVD PLAYER can be tested on the TV to determine IF the issue is the TV itself or your cable box. Please elaborate.

No, I do not have a dvd player