TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

Blinking red light and wont turn on. Panasonic viera and no…

Blinking red light and...

Blinking red light and wont turn on

Technician's Assistant: What's the make and model of your tv, and has turning it on been a problem in the past?

Panasonic viera and no it was working five minutes ago

Technician's Assistant: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?

Nothing works. Its a blank screen.

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?

I turned the TV off about ten minutes ago. then, I wouldnt turn on again. Nothing unusual happened

9/24/2017
Aric, Technician
Can you please get me the full model number off of the back of the TV?Also, that blinking will generally be in a pattern (for example: 7 blink, 7 blinks, etc.). Can you tell me what blink pattern you have?
10 blinks and let me look....
TH 42PZ80U
Okay, please give me a few minutes to pull this set up.

Sorry for the delay. A 10 blink code on this 42" Plasma indicates a hardware failure has occurred (most commonly with the power supply board or mainboard), and generally requires repairs made to the set.

However it's worth it to try a hard reset, as sometimes the processor in the TV can simply have locked up.

The first thing you would try, is disconnect the set from power, then press and hold the power button on the TV itself (not the remote), for 10 seconds and release. Then plug the set back in, and also check that the power cord is connected tight at the TV as well. Press power once, and see if the set powers up normally. Try this procedure up to 2 times, and please let me know what happens.

It worked! Thank you!

You're welcome and I'm glad to hear it!

Let me know if you need further assistance. Also, before you go, could you please click a POSITIVE RATING (by scrolling all of the way to the top of the page, and clicking 3-5 stars), so that I am credited for working with you today?

Aric, Technician