TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

My Samsung uhdtv bought in 2014 is stuck in reboot loop and…

Customer Question
My Samsung uhdtv bought...

My Samsung uhdtv bought in 2014 is stuck in reboot loop and has pink screen.

Technician's Assistant: What's the model number of your TV? How old is it?

It’S UA55F9000ARMXL

Technician's Assistant: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?

No it doesn’t and yes

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?

I took my TV to my new home... that’s when this showed up

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: TV
9/24/2017
TV Technician: Nathan, Installer replied 11 months ago
Nathan, Installer

Hi, I'm Nathan.
Sorry to hear that you're having trouble, but I'll do my best to help you. Please give me a few moments to review and reply.

Unfortunately, the issues you are experiencing are symptomatic of an internal hardware defect, meaning a faulty power supply or main/control board, though there are many possible failure points. This issue could be a manufacturing defect, but is also often caused by a power event (shock/surge, prolonged over/under voltage condition, etc). This could have easily been induced as static shock when disconnecting/moving/connecting

There is one step you can take here, both as a possible fix, as well as a diagnostic evaluation:
1) Unplug the power cord from the outlet

2) Wait at least 1 hour (60+ Minutes)

3) Press and hold the power button (on the set, not the remote) for 60 seconds
4) Keep holding power button while plugging back in, and for another 60 seconds after. When plugging back in, go directly to the wall outlet, bypassing any power strips or surge protectors.

If this reset process does not work, it would unfortunately confirm an internal hardware failure.

This is something that would require repairs to correct; if you're thinking about a do it yourself repair, you'll need to be comfortable and skilled with electronics repairs, which could include dismantling the set (removing the back panel of the tv), diagnostics testing with a multimeter, changing out boards as needed, and possibly desoldering/removing and soldering/replacing individual components.

If you’re considering repair at a local shop, you’ll find a typical repair to be around $300 for diagnostics, parts, and labor.

For a tv of this size/age however, replacement will make more sense. You can get a brand new LED tv with a fresh warranty in the $500 range.

I can help you with finding parts, finding a repair shop, or recommending replacement options, if desired.

My apologies for the news,

TV Technician: Nathan, Installer replied 10 months ago

Hello, it appears your question is still open.

Do you need more help with this?
If so, just reply back on this page. If I’ve answered your question, please let me know you are satisfied, to conclude our session – this is the only way I am credited for my work as an independent technician.

Please note: You have already paid your fee to the site; I'd like to help you and provide value for that fee, but I do need to communicate with you here to do so, if more help is needed.