Shahid
Shahid, Technician
Experience:  I have been repairing electronic gear since 1993 as a qualified Sony tech
33243543

The remote control is not connecting with the tv. I tried

the remote control is not connecting with the tv. I tried both the one that comes with the tv and the cabel remote that usually works. Had to turn it on from the botton on the tv. the cable remote will change the channels but wont adjust volume or turn it off/on. The original tv remote wont do anything. I did change the battery and that's not it.
JA: What's the exact make and model of your television? And what have you tried as far as getting this connected goes?
Customer: vizio E420-A0
JA: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?
Customer: the remote control does not connect at all
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: i can pull up the menu from the side button. it has been working fine and then just couldn't turn it on with either of the remote controls so changed batteries but didnt work
JA: Anything else you want the Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: thats ut

Hi, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you today. To make sure I don’t miss anything, please give me a minute to review your question.

It seems remote sensor on TV has failed thus TV doesn't receive remote control infra-red light signals any more.

Please unplug TV power cord from power outlet for 10 minutes to get it reset, replug back in and check.

If problem still persist then need to replace IR Sensor board in TV to fix the problem, this board costs $10 and available with following supplier if you ave plan to do it yourself..

http://www.shopjimmy.com/vizio-3642-0292-0189-ir-sensor.htm

I hope these info will help. If you have any additional questions, feel free to ask. If you're satisfied, please rate me a 5-star at the top of your page so I can get credit of my work on website.
Thank you.

Customer: replied 27 days ago.
Thank you.

Much welcome, wish you the best~