TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

I'm trying to put Netflix on my 6 year old Panasonic TV and…

Customer Question
I'm trying to put...

I'm trying to put Netflix on my 6 year old Panasonic TV and it won't let me. I just put it on the 3 year old Panasonic so I suppose its the age. The serial number is ***** I'm just bought a DVD player that allows you to put Netflix Hulu and others on it. Is there a way to do it or is the TV too old.

Technician's Assistant: What's the make/model of your device? How old is it?

The DVD player?

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?

I just bought the 2 DVD player last week. I was able to put Netflix on it easily, but this TV is a little older so it isn't letting me do it.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Electronics Expert to know before I connect you?

The serial number should give him the age of the TV and that should help. Nothing else

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: TV
9/24/2017
TV Technician: Aric, Technician replied 10 months ago
Aric, Technician

I'm reviewing your details and will reply shortly.

Can you please get me the "Model Number" (not the serial number) off of the back of the Panasonic TV? Also how is your new DVD player connected to the TV- using what type of cable? Also what exactly do you see on your TV screen?

it doesn't say model number but the only other number on the TV isTBM2AX163

There should be no reason why you cannot connect the DVD player to the TV. Panasonic has used HDMI ports on TV's for over the last 10 years. That said, I have no details of your setup. I asked about what you see on your TV screen right now and what manner of connection you're using from the DVD to the TV. Without details it is impossible to help.

I don't want a phone call for $26. The answer might just be the TV is too old and it won't take Netflix.

I am not sending the offers. I am not available by phone and the website sends those offers without my consent. Also the age of the TV does not have any bearing as to whether or not the DVD player can play APPS on the screen. The only thing that's needed is 1) A Smart DVD/Blu Ray player. 2) The TV set to the correct Input which is based on what connections you're using.

It must be the correct DVD player because I just connected to our other Panasonic TV but its newer. It was much esier
I just started over so maybe you can walk me through it. I just clicked on the white Netflix icon on the lower left of the TV screen.
Now it says cannot connect to the internet. check network setting and internet connection status by selecting settings,
I just clicked on Network
Choices are:
network settings
network test, network status, Wi-Fi direct, device name, BD-Live internet connection
When I hooked this one up I just replaced the wires exactly as the old ones were
TV Technician: Richard, Technician replied 10 months ago
Richard, Technician

Hi there and welcome

The Player will need to have an internet connection for Netflix to work

Do you have it connected with a cable to your internet router?

Please let me know