TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

I have an lg led tv. I replaced the main board and power…

Customer Question
I have an lg led...
I have an lg led tv. I replaced the main board and power board after a power surge blew my tv. I have sound and the screen lies backlit but no image. What else could be bad?
Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: TV
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Answered in 1 day by:
9/25/2017
TV Technician: Sam Dennis Bradley, Technician replied 8 months ago
Sam Dennis Bradley
Sam Dennis Bradley, Technician

the back lights are dead you will have to replace the tv lg's are bad for that

Thx, but I already know that. I want to trouble shoot a little before I jump to the obvious of replacement. Like wire, ribbons or cords. There is a silver ribbon going from the main board to the T-Con, and a cord connecting the power and main board. Could those be bad?Also, my back lights come on. I see all of them working, they even dim and brighten when I let set and then use the remote. Why do you think they are bad?Is there anything else it could be?Thx
Sam Dennis Bradley
Sam Dennis Bradley
Sam Dennis Bradley, Technician