TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

I have no audio. It's 2-years old. Model # LC60LE745U. And…

Customer Question
I have no audio. ...

I have no audio.

Technician's Assistant: What's the model number of your TV? How old is it?

It's 2-years old. Model # LC60LE745U

Technician's Assistant: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?

Yes. And yes.

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?

It was all fine....then the audio stopped working.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Expert to know before I connect you?

I spoke to the cable provider....in case it was that. No...because the dvd player didn't work either....

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: TV
9/24/2017
TV Technician: Aric, Technician replied 11 months ago
Aric, Technician

I'm reviewing your details and will reply shortly.

In many cases this is caused by a failure of the audio processing on the Sharp's Mainboard.

However it's worth it to try a hard reset, as sometimes the processor in the TV can simply have locked up.

The first thing you would try, is disconnect the set from power, then press and hold the power button on the TV itself (not the remote), for 10 seconds and release. Then plug the set back in, and also check that the power cord is connected tight at the TV as well. Press power once, and see if the set has sound. Try this procedure up to 2 times, and please let me know what happens.