TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

IT IS FLASHING OFF AND ON. LETME CHECK. It is only doing…

Customer Question
IT IS FLASHING OFF...

IT IS FLASHING OFF AND ON

Technician's Assistant: What's the model number of your TV? How old is it?

LETME CHECK

Technician's Assistant: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?

It is only doing that on this one.It is47Lb5900-uv,purchased in 2/3/15

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?

It just started about 5 min ago

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Expert to know before I connect you?

Can not get the menu

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: TV
Answered in 1 minute by:
9/24/2017
TV Technician: Jack, Technician replied 10 months ago
Jack
Jack, Technician

Hello
My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with this.
A few questions coming up and please note that there may be delays between replies if i have to gather various info .
Also ,If you seem to lose me during the chat then refresh your browser (F5 key) and /or scroll down to the last written line at the bottom , that window seem to get stuck at times .
Please send me a hello so i know you can see my reply ?

Hello
My screen just t startedflashing off and on What does thismean

Hi

Is it just the screen or the tv that goes off and on ?

Does the sound stay while its doing that ?

no

No to what ??

If you received a phone offer or any offers they are automated by the website ,NOT BY ME , I`m an independent tech. and have no control over those.
They are optional and you can just decline if you don`t want them

The sound stays on jus the screen flashes

O.k then I know what this is , please give me a minute to type this down

By the look of it I`m afraid that what your tv has is another case of defective LED strips and this is very common with LED backlit tv`s now
Those LED`s are supposed to last a zillion hours but they do not , they are failing all over the place and not only in LG

Here is a link to give you an idea what is needed ;

http://www.shopjimmy.com/lg-6916l-1716a-6916l-1715a-led-strips-8-strips.htm

Or this one , two versions of it depending on your lcd panel ;

http://www.shopjimmy.com/lg-6916l-1948a-6916l-1949a-led-strips-8-strips.htm

There is also a video on that page that shows you how its done so before you order anything watch it

Mind you they don`t have it in stock at this time , these guys can`t keep up with the demand but if you were to look into this yourself then you could sign up there to be notified when back in stock but i must say that this is not an easy job to do and you will have to be comfortable working with electronic circuits , here is a video that shows you how its done , not your model but the same job ;

https://youtu.be/qGk6Nx82SCA

If that is not your cup of tea so to speak then to have this repaired at home could cost you around $250 parts included and perhaps $50 less if you take it to the shop yourself .

If you need to find repair shops near you then look at the link below and enter your zip code ;
www.tvrepairpros.com
This will give you a list of NESDA member repair shops in your area.
This list may be limited though and you may find more by simply using the yellow pages or simply google "tv repairs" and the name of your town .
You could give a call to different shops in your area to get an idea of their rates , it pays to shop around .

Let me know if you have other questions and if not then please do not forget to rate by clicking on the star icons at the top, then click on Submit so i get paid for my time helping you .
Also note that it will not close this post , you can come back here at any time if you need further info or help .
Thank you

thank you

Much welcome and I don`t know how to make this bolder than above but please do not forget to rate with the stars at the top of your page (and SUBMIT) so i can get compensated for my time helping you.

Any questions on this ?
If not for now then PLEASE DO RATE , it doesn`t cost you anything more and I get paid for my time.

If you cant find the rating system (stars at the top and SUBMIT ) then you can do it verbally here by saying like " I rate " excellent/good service