TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

I have the Sony KDL-60W610B TV. I am trying to set it up…

Customer Question
I have the Sony...

I have the Sony KDL-60W610B TV. I am trying to set it up with my PC (win 10) to cast from PC to TV. Cannot get the tv to connect. Have followed all the the steps outline to Mirracast.

Technician's Assistant: What's the exact make and model of your television? And what have you tried as far as getting this connected goes?

Sony KDL-60W610B. Have gone to TV and set it to "input - screen mirroring". On my PC, I go to "cast media to device" and click that. It will search for my TV; sometimes it finds it; sometimes not. I will click on the connect on the PC. A confirmation message pops up on the TV and I OK that. A couple of minutes after, the PC will say "unable to connect". If I do the WIN key + P and try to add it as a wireless display, it never connects.

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?

I just tried it for the first time today.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Electronics Expert to know before I connect you?

Nope, we are good.

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: TV
9/24/2017
TV Technician: Louie, Technician replied 8 months ago
Louie, Technician

Hi and welcome to JustAnswer, I’m Louie. Sorry you had to wait awhile but I’ll do my best to help.

This is an independent site and members of this online community provide information, repair tips, technical assistance as a form of paid Q & A service.

Initially, let's try check and review the basics. Proposed preliminary try (if have not been done) would be to check if an update of the TV's firmware is needed.

Please follow the steps below to check your television's software version to determine if it needs this software update:

1. Power on the TV.
  2. On the TV remote control, press the HOME button to open the TV Home Menu.
  3. On the remote control, use the arrows to select Settings.
  4. Use the arrows to highlight the Help (question mark) icon, and then press the OK button on the remote control.
  5. Use the arrows to select Customer Support , and then press the OK button.
  6. At the Customer Support screen, select System Information, and then press the OK button.
  7. Check the Software Version displayed on the System Information screen. If your software version is PKG3.004AAA or higher, your TV does not need this update.
It is the latest update, PKG3.004AAA
Anything else on my question?

Appreciate your patience; fieldwork/mobile with sluggish Internet if at all.

Win10 natively supports Miracast and should work.

Still, let's check by process of elimination. Even if just for test purposes, try the Son'y Miracast connectivity using an Android 4.2 (KitKat) or an Android 5 (Lollipop) device.

I don't have either one of those devices.

Natively, the Sony and Win10 machine should work together.

That it does not would make both suspect.

It would be easier to approach the issue on the Sony TV side rather than "blindly" work on the Win10 machine.

Perhaps such an Android device can be borrowed from a friend? ...for test purposes/process of elimination.

Never mind

I understand.

Louie, Technician