TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

Having issues with picture and sound. It's a UHD TV series…

Customer Question
Having issues with picture...

Having issues with picture and sound

Technician's Assistant: What's the model number of your TV? How old is it?

It's a UHD TV series 6. 6500 65OD and it will be 2 years in January

Technician's Assistant: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?

Menu works and yes picture problem all channels

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?

Just today about 2 hours ago volume stopped working then picture was distorted

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Expert to know before I connect you?

We moved wires around and then it worked for a little bit now it went back to not working weird picture cartoon like and no volumne

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: TV
9/23/2017
TV Technician: Mike G., Technician replied 10 months ago
Mike G.
Mike G., Technician

Hello, I see you were chatting with the site's automated response system. I am Mike, the real life technician assigned to help you. Sorry to hear you are having problems....
Are you available to chat with me right now?

What are you watching?

-antenna

-cable

-satellite

-other

available now. Still having issues it seems to come and go and right now picture looks like a cartoon however right now volumne is working?
What are you watching?-antenna-cable-satellite-other
Not paying anymore than what I am now we are on satellite with directv/att service which we already called and we were told it's the tv. Now tv has no volumne but picture working

Please try this:

-unplug the POWER cords for the tv and directv box

-reseat all the hdmi/audio/video cables on the back of the tv and back of the directv box

-plug in the POWER cords and turn everything on

-reply back here and let me know what happens

We have done that a couple of times but we will do that again

Ok. If the problem continues there is other troubleshooting we can try if you are able.

we did that the picture is like a cartoon the volume button doesn't work but works with sound bar and the volumne on tv is going louder and louder by itself
We are turning tv off again and waiting a minute and turn on again and now picture seems ok but then the tv shuts off itself and reboots itself and then goes back to a picture that looks like cartoonish

Do you have something other than the directv box that you can connect to this tv? like a dvd player or bluray player etc...

tv is on with volumne but we can't change channels b/c it starts all,over again

we have DVD player and PlayStation and Apple tv

Are they currently connected to this tv? Or can you borrow one and connect it?

they are all connected

Do they have a clear picture and good sound?

We haven't tried those and we don't really use them the kids do and they aren't home to help us with that

Then you will need to wait for help from them.

Ok thanks

You're welcome