TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

Changed from Dish to Directv Wednesday... Have a 10+ year…

Customer Question
Changed from Dish to...

Changed from Dish to Directv Wednesday... Have a 10+ year Toshiba tv. Was paying 7.99 and getting Netflix (became addicted). Now, cannot get netflix. Tried firestick with tech, could get it to work. Options?

Technician's Assistant: What's the model number of your TV? How old is it?

Either 46h83 51h8357h83 or 65h83, Toshiba 57" 2002

Technician's Assistant: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?

Everything works fine...Only options I am aware of are firestick which works oft the internet and chrome cast which supposedly works of a smart phone...

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?

Refer you to my first paragraph.

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: TV
9/24/2017
TV Technician: Ronald Brock,
 replied 10 months ago
Ronald Brock

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I will be assisting you with your question today.

In regards ***** ***** question, if you have a fire stick, changing from Dish to Direct TV would not change how the fire stick will operate. The fire stick runs off of your internet service provider, so as long as that has not changed, your firestick should still be on the same wifi network that it was before the change of your cable provider.

When you turn on the fire stick, does it boot up correctly and give you access to the apps loaded on the device or does it ask you to connect to a network?

TV Technician: Ronald Brock,
 replied 10 months ago

are you still needing assistance with your question?

TV Technician: Ronald Brock,
 replied 10 months ago

If you do not require assistance anymore, could you please take a few minutes to give a rating of 3-5 stars, as that is how we are compensated for our time here on just answers. If you do still need assistance, please reply and let me know so we can get started on fixing your issue.