TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

My power light and OPC LIGHT ARE BOTH BLINKING. I would say…

Customer Question
My power light and...

My power light and OPC LIGHT ARE BOTH BLINKING

Technician's Assistant: What's the model number of your TV? How old is it?

I would say about 3-4 yrs old

Technician's Assistant: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?

I'm about to try it

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?

It started yesterday

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Expert to know before I connect you?

That's about it

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: TV
9/23/2017
TV Technician: Russell H., Service Tech replied 10 months ago
Russell H., Service Tech

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is***** will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.
Is the device a TV, or perhaps a laser printer? Laser printers have an OPC light, you see, in some models.

It is a t.v.

What brand, please?

what is your response to my t.v. Issue?
It is a Sharp
Model: LC-46D64U

Thanks for the response and the info...

What color is the Power light, what color is the OPC light, while they are blinking?

And do they blink in a pattern of any kind, a number of blinks followed by a pause for instance? possibly up to 10 or 12 blinks followed by a pause.

They are both green!

Power once then both at the same time
That is the same routine continuously
any suggestions?

Let me see...

I'm not able to find good advice for this problem myself, but have at least determined a bit about the blink code. I have Opted Out, opening the case to other Experts in this category.

what's your suggestion?
TV Technician: Anthony_Infotech, Technician replied 10 months ago
Anthony_Infotech
Anthony_Infotech, Technician

Hello

My name is***** am a different expert, this code means the main-board is bad and will need to be replaced, can you please though get me the model number found on the back of the set?

Model: LC-46D64U

The main-board is the one with all the AV inputs attached you need to get this board out and retrieve the part-number found on the board itself with that part-number try www.shopjimmy.com if they do not have it google the part-number for suppliers

Cost of board around $100 or maybe less

Let me know if you need more help

Please I would be grateful if you could you rate the information or answer positively with the rating bar of stars at the top of the page, rating me positively enables me to receive payment from the site thank you, ***** ***** question is open for 30 days.
Anthony

If you need more help as an on-going technical support please let me know, if this is something you arenot comfortable doing yourself I will provide you with further advice, everything is on-going so if you want to do the work let me know

Do you need any more help with this please?question still unrated thanks